Looking to hire
Hiring a qualified person with an intellectual disability brings greater benefits than just filling a job.
When you hire through The Arc of Delaware’s Employment program, you have a solid business case.
Experience a better bottom line
- Up to 40% of the first $6000
- Up to $2400 in wage reimbursement during the first 12 months for each new hire
Free hiring support and training
Take the hassle out of hiring
- Job analysis
- Pre-screened, qualified applicants
- The right person doing the right job
- On-site training
- Win/win for employer and employee
- Highly motivated, dependable, loyal, and productive employees
- Specialized long-term support resource
- Increased retention
- Potential for greater business profits and growing business patronage from the community. Research shows that 87% of consumers prefer to patronize employers who hire people with differing abilities.
Benefits in the workplace
Connect with the community
- Customers with disabilities and their families, friends and associates represent a trillion dollar market segment.
- Promote diversity, understanding, and acceptance
- Provide opportunities and support the community
- Build unity, teamwork, and a healthy work environment
- Potential for greater overall employee productivity
The Arc of Delaware Employment program is already providing benefit to these businesses.
- Bank of America
- State of Delaware
- Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Hockessin Athletic Club
- 1614 Fitness
- Ruby Tuesday
Please use the Contact Us form for private answers to your questions on hiring a person with disabilities.