Home of Your Own
The Arc of Delaware Home of Your Own program was created to expand housing opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The program serves as a resource center, guiding hand and support network for individuals wishing to explore their housing options.
What does the program do?
Using a network of resources and volunteer housing mentors, the program helps individuals to:
Who is eligible for the program?
- Any individual in Delaware with intellectual or developmental disabilities is eligible.
What resources can The Arc share with me?
Participants in The Arc of Delaware Home of Your Own Program have access to:
- Housing counseling services and homeowner training
- Financial fitness classes through the Delaware Money School
- Personalized mentor support , including transportation assistance throughout the housing transition process by screened and trained housing mentors
- Down payment and settlement help programs for first-time buyers
- Home maintenance support and training
- Support services planning assistance through The Arc and a network of local service provider organizations.
Please use the Contact Us form for private answers to your questions on the Home of Your Own program.